New event layout: an exclusive seated "Mille e una Notte" food and wine tasting in the estate's garden, on the notes of Donnafugata Music & Wine.
For over 20 years, for Calici di Stelle, the Donnafugata Estate in Contessa Entellina has been illuminated with lights, sounds and colors. Over time, the night of San Lorenzo has become an open-air party experience, to rediscover together the pleasure of the most refined conviviality.
For many enthusiasts, Calici di stelle is the most eagerly awaited event of the summer organized by the Movimento Nazionale Turismo del Vino.
To give continuity to the traditional welcome reserved for winelovers, this year Donnafugata confirms the event of August 10th with a different format and for a limited number of people: a full immersion in Sicilian nature, from the vineyard to the charming family garden, in the name of elegance and safety.
A "Mille e una Notte" tasting to celebrate the meeting between wine, food and music, in the places where Donnafugata originated.
The wines of the evening: Antonio Rallo's special selection
Antonio Rallo - winemaker of the family business - will present his selection of the most prestigious Donnafugata labels, including some historical vintages now no longer on the market of Vigna di Gabri 2011, Chiarandà 2006, Tancredi 1998, Mille e Una Notte 2006 and the ever-present Ben Ryé 2013, testifying to an artisan excellence of extraordinary longevity.
An opportunity to taste small productions of value from vineyards and unique territories: Etna, Vittoria, Contessa Entellina and Pantelleria.
Great attention will be paid to the wine and food pairings expertly devised for the event.
José Rallo and "Donnafugata Music&Wine": a unique multisensory experience
Josè Rallo, solo vocalist, after the Blue Note in New York and the event at the Acropolis Museum in Athens, will give a brand-new performance of Donnafugata Music&Wine: a multisensory experience that combines each wine with a piece of music whose rhythmic progression accompanies the sensations of tasting.
Together with Diego Spitaleri on piano, Fabio Lannino on bass, Vincenzo Favara on percussion, Vito Giordano on flugelhorn, Vincenzo Toscano on cello, Ermanno Nuzzo on guitar, Sebastiano Alioto on drums, José Rallo will present some unreleased tracks, recently recorded at the Regio Teatro Santa Cecilia of the Brass Group in Palermo, which returns to collaborate at Donnafugata Music&Wine, for the third CD of the band, soon to be released.
An experience en plein air and in complete safety
Donnafugata has as its priority the welfare of its customers and collaborators.
Thanks to the support of a team of experts, all the organizational details of Calici di Stelle 2020 have been taken care of in order to apply the specific safety guidelines and ensure a comfortable and safe experience to all participants.
The evening-tasting will take place in the garden and the seating spacing will be guaranteed.
Information & Program
- Ticket price: €125 per person;
- The ticket can only be purchased in advance while places are available.
- The ticket can be purchased in advance:
- on-line at visit.donnafugata.it, by and no later than 1pm on 08/08/2020
- by calling the telephone number 0923 724245 with payment by bank transfer, by and no later than midnight on 07/08/2020
IBAN IT30 C 01005 25900 0000000106 to Tenuta di Donnafugata srl, specifying in the reason for payment "Calici di Stelle 2020".
- Entrance permitted to people from 14 years of age; no reduced price tickets are provided;
- The availability is only 150 seats;
- Any food allergies or intolerances must be communicated in the notes field at the time of purchase;
- Pets are not permitted access;
- Entrance to the event is allowed in compliance with the anti-Covid 19 regulations;
- The use of the mask is always compulsory, except when you are sitting at your own table for the wine-food tasting;
- Entrance to the event is allowed no later than 21.00; after 21.00 the full service of the wine and food tasting is not guaranteed;
- The wine-food tasting will take place at shared tables, with a single and spaced seating position. The allocation of seats at the table will be made by Donnafugata, in full compliance with safety regulations.
- Guests may request the composition of tables with their relatives and friends (for a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 people per table) by entering the request in the "notes" field on the ticket purchase form. The request will be in any case subject to confirmation by Donnafugata, until the availability of seats and compatibly with the logistic constraints imposed by the spaces;
- Clothing: even adopting an elegant outfit, we suggest wearing comfortable shoes, suitable for country land and lawns;
- Donnafugata reserves the right to change the location of the event or to cancel the event, at any time, due to force majeure and/or impossibility or excessive onerousness (including cases, by way of example and not exhaustive, of meteorological events that make it impossible or excessively onerous to organize the event, impediments caused by the Covid-19 emergency, etc.). Participants are guaranteed a full refund of the ticket, using the same means of payment used for the purchase, whether the event is cancelled or the change of location does not allow the purchaser to take part in Calici di Stelle 2020.
See all the terms and conditions of participation in the event here.
When: Monday 10 August 2020
Times: from 19:45 to 24:00
- 19:45 - 20:45: entrance fee and visit to the vineyards;
- 20:45 - 21:00: access to the tables of the evening-tasting that will take place in the garden;
- 21:00: start of the evening-tasting accompanied by the performance Donnafugata Music&Wine
HOW TO GET THERE:
The Donnafugata Estate is located right at km 60 of the S.S. 624, Palermo-Sciacca expressway.
Arriving from Palermo, the first thing you will see on your left is the winery and a little further on your right you can take the overpass ramp to access the estate.
Arriving from Trapani: take the A29 motorway towards Palermo; at the branch, continuing in the direction of Mazara del Vallo and finally leaving the highway exiting at Castelvetrano; from Castelvetrano, continuing in the direction of Menfi-Sciacca; after about 25 km, exit at Menfi and follow the indications, initially for Sambuca di Sicilia, and then for S.S.624, fast Palermo-Sciacca; at the Misilbesi junction, take the S.S.624 towards Palermo and continue for 12 km to km 60 of this state road; you will see the cellar on your right; at that point you will have to go on for just over 1 km and at the Contrada Cavallaro roundabout, exit and go back (in the direction of Sciacca) so that you can take the ramp above the access passage to the estate on your right.
Arriving from Menfi-Sciacca, you will see the winery on your right; at that point you have to continue for about 1 km and at the roundabout of Contrada Cavallaro, exit and go back (in the direction of Sciacca) so that you can take the overpass ramp on your right to access the estate.
From Mazara del Vallo take the A29 motorway in the direction of Palermo; after 20 km exit at Castelvetrano and from there continue for Menfi-Sciacca; after about 25 km exit at Menfi and follow the signs, initially for Sambuca di Sicilia, and then for S.S. 624 fast track Palermo-Sciacca; at the junction Misilbesi take the S.S.624. in the direction of Palermo and continue for 12 km until km 60 of this state road; you will see the winery on your right; at that point you will have to continue for a little more than 1 km and at the roundabout of Contrada Cavallaro, exit and go back (in the direction of Sciacca) so that you can take on your right the ramp of the overpass to the estate.
PLEASE NOTE: The Donnafugata Estate is in the territory of Contessa Entellina, but if you drive along the S.S. 624 don't follow the directions for " Contessa Entellina", but remain on the state road until km 60 ( check the kilometre signs).La Tenuta di Donnafugata si trova esattamente al km 60 della S.S. 624, scorrimento veloce Palermo-Sciacca.
SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO SLEEP
In Contessa Entellina (PA): Abbazia di Santa Maria del Bosco, C.da S. Maria del Bosco – tel. 333 3279514 www.abbaziasantamariadelbosco.it;
Rocca dei Capperi, C.da Bagnitelle, +39 320 0419717, www.roccadeicapperi.it;
In Sambuca di Sicilia (AG): Don Giovanni Hotel, Contrada Pandolfina – tel. 0925 944001 – www.dongiovannihotel.it;
In Sciacca (AG): Verdura Golf & Spa Resort, Contrada Verdura – tel. 0925 998001 – www.verduraresort.it.
In Menfi (AG): Il Vigneto Resort, Contrada Gurra di Mare – tel. 0925 71732 www.ristoranteilvigneto.com; Tenuta Stoccatello (farmhouse holidays), Km 6 S.P. Menfi-Partanna – tel. 333 9035428 www.tenutastoccatello.it; Azienda Agrituristica (Farmhouse) “Baglio San Vincenzo”, C.da San Vincenzo – cell. 339 242 6103 www.bagliosanvincenzo.it.
In Selinunte, Castelvetrano (TP): Hotel Paradise Beach, C.da Belice Mare – tel. 0924 46333 fax 0924 46477, www.hotelparadisebeach.it.