Magic night in the Acate vineyards: historic vintages, refined pairings and the art of dance with a tribute to Carla Fracci.
On August 10th, on the night of San Lorenzo, Donnafugata will open the doors of the Estate of Vittoria in Acate (RG) for the first time with an exclusive event, reserved for a limited number of people. A full immersion in the nature of eastern Sicily, in the name of elegance and safety.
Calici di Stelle is the summer event that people most eagerly await, an event organized by the National Tourism Movement of wine, in which Donnafugata has been participating for over 20 years, celebrating the dialogue between Art and Wine.
The program of the event includes a visit to the vineyards and the winemaking cellar and continues with a special wine tasting paired with refined food pairings
The evening is completed with testimony in memory of Carla Fracci and a classical ballet performance in the moonlight with exceptional guests and artists, to celebrate the artist who has represented Italy in the world, and who worked hard for transmitting the universal values of commitment and dedication to the new generations of dancers.
The Wines of the Evening: Antonio Rallo's Special Selection
Antonio Rallo – the winemaker of the family business - has selected some of Donnafugata's most prestigious labels, including the historic vintages, now out of production, of Chiarandà 2010, a long-lived and extraordinarily rich Chardonnay, and two Donnafugata icons, the Mille e una Notte 2009, an Italian excellence, and the Ben Ryé Passito di Pantelleria 2009, a sweet wine among the most esteemed in the world.
Great attention will be paid to the expertly-studied combinations for the event between Donnafugata wines and the refined cuisine of Villa San Bartolo Resort.
A tribute to Carla Fracci: a performance in celebration of the artist who has represented Italy in the world
Dancing at Calici di Stelle is back, and in grand style, with an exclusive event that pays tribute to Carla Fracci, the recently deceased great étoile of La Scala, who in 2017 was a guest of Donnafugata on the occasion of the release of Floramundi, Cerasuolo of Vittoria Docg.
During the evening, it will be possible to enjoy a classical ballet performance with a repertoire that made Carla Fracci famous: Rebecca Bianchi, prima ballerina of the Opera Theater in Rome, selected by Carla Fracci in 2009 when she was the director of the theater of the Capital, will perform with Michele Satriano; the dancers of Teatro Massimo in Palermo Diego Mulone, Martina Pasinotti and Elisabetta Di Chiara will also perform.
An En Plein Air Experience in Complete Safety
Donnafugata has the well-being of its customers and collaborators as its priority.
Thanks to the support of a team of experts, all the organizational details of Calici di Stelle 2021 were taken care of, in order to apply the specific safety guidelines and ensure a comfortable and safe experience for all participants.
The evening of tasting will take place outdoors and social distancing in the seating will be guaranteed.
Information & Program
- Price for visit and tastings: €125 per person;
- The availability is only 100 places.
- Tickets can only be purchased in online presales, subject to availability.
- You can buy presale tickets:
- online on the visit.donnafugata.it website, no later than 1pm on August 7th, 2021;
- Admission allowed to people over 14 years of age; there are no tickets at reduced prices;
- Any food allergies or intolerances must be communicated in the notes field at the time of purchase;
- Access to pets is not allowed;
- Admission to the event is allowed in accordance with anti-Covid 19 regulations;
Access to the Calici di Stelle 2021 evening is allowed only to people in possession of the Covid-19 Green Certificate (Green Pass) which must be shown along with an identity document at the the check-in desk, located at the entrance of Donnafugata Estate.
- Wearing a mask is always mandatory, except when seated at your table for food and wine tasting;
- Entrance to the event is allowed no later than 8:30 pm; after this time the full service of the food and wine tasting cannot be guaranteed;
- The food and wine tasting will take place at common tables, with a single and spaced seating arrangement. The assignment of seats at the table will be taken care of by Donnafugata, in full compliance with safety regulations.
- You can request the arrangement of tables with your relatives and friends (for a maximum of 4 people per table) by entering the request in the "notes" field in the ticket purchase form. The request will in any case be subject to confirmation by Donnafugata, according to availability of seats and compatibly with the logistical constraints imposed by the spaces;
- Clothing: we suggest wearing comfortable shoes for the visit to the vineyard;
- Donnafugata reserves the right to change the location of the event or to cancel the event, at any time, due to force majeure and/or impossibility (including cases, by way of example and not limited to, of meteorological events that make it impossible to organize the event, impediments caused by the Covid-19 emergency, etc.). Participants are guaranteed a full refund of the ticket, through the same payment method used for the purchase, whether the event is canceled or if the change of location does not allow the buyer to take part in Calici di Stelle 2021 .
Phone: +39 0923 724245
When: Monday August 10th, 2021
- 7:30pm – 8:15pm accreditation and reception of visitors, guided tour of the vineyard and cellar;
- 8:15 pm-8:30 pm access to the tables of the food and wine tasting that will take place in the square of the cellar
- 8:30 pm beginning of the food and wine tasting (first part)
- 10:30 pm dance performance
- 11:00 pm testimony in memory of Carla Fracci
- 11:15 pm food and wine tasting (second part)
- Midnight: end of the evening event
Where to sleep:
- Chiaramonte Gulfi (RG): Terre Iblee Resort, C/da sperlinga, 97012, email@example.com, tel: 338 8078040, http://www.terreibleeresort.com/site/; Casa Majore , Via Guglielmo Marconi, 4, 97012 firstname.lastname@example.org , tel: 0932 928019, https://www.majore.it/casamajore.
- Comiso (RG): El Homs Palace Hotel, Via Generale Girlando, 49 - 97013, email@example.com, tel: 0932 967140, https://www.elhomspalace.it/
- Vittoria (RG): Villa Adriana, Via Panama 37, 97019, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +30 335 29 85 32, http://www.villaadrianabandb.it/
Villa Carlotta, Via Gandhi, 0932 604140, tel: 0932 604140 email@example.com, http://www.villacarlottahotel.com/;
Casale 1821, S. P. 60, 97100; , firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel: +39 349 091 9971, https://www.casale1821.it/
Villa Boscarino Via L. A. Muratori, 63, 97100, , email@example.com +39 0932 256749, https://www.villaboscarino.it/
San Maurizio 1619 Relais Antica Badia, Corso Italia, 115, 97100, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Tel: +39 0932 247995 https://www.relaisanticabadia.com
De Stefano Palace Luxury Hotel, Via Cavalier Francesco De Stefano, email@example.com Tel: 0932 682872 , https://www.destefanopalace.com/it/.